Monday, May 01, 2006

The New Internet Explorer - Version 7 (beta)

I've just downloaded Internet Explorer 7 beta. It looks nice and has that tab browsing option just like Firefox. Another feature that's new, which Firefox and Google Toolbar already provide, is the search box right in the upper-right corner of the browser which is set to MSN as a default search site. This has been causing some issues between Google and Microsoft. Unless you haven't set your preferred serach site in your previous Explorer, that search box will show results from MSN. I think I'm on Google's side on this; even if it's so easy to change the default site, and even if the setting will inherit that of the previous version of Explorer, it should be left to the user from the beginning to choose. At least should be asked when the browser is opened the first time and say if the user doesn't have any preference THEN maybe set it to MSN search service.

But enough with all that. I just want the damn IE STABLE!!! IE 6 even died when I was going to take a tour of IE 7 beta!! Good marketing! And this IE 7 beta, it died 3 times already since I've downloaded it about 20 minutes ago. I'm sticking with Firefox. It died again, 4th time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home